Become A Volunteer Firefighter
If you are interested in learning more about being a volunteer firefighter or if you would like to apply please
check the following requirements and then come see us.
1. Must be at least 18 years old (For Full Membership)
2. Must commit to MINIMUM 16 hours per month to the Department. Each Meeting/Training will account for 2
Hrs each. Failure to keep your 16 hours per month will constitute grounds for termination.
3. We read applications only at Business meetings this is at the 1st Monday of the month.
a) Once you have shown effort to attend meetings and trainings. (approximately 60-90 days)
b) we can then put you into Training. (Possible 90 Days minimum)(We require you reach minimum standards to
be able to respond to calls)
c) Once minimum training achieved we will vote to make a full member.
8. The Department can only send you to outside agency trainings once you have achieved full member status.
4. Must have a Valid drivers license with a clear driving record* (No accidents, No drug or alcohol related
violations) To drive any equipment with Air Brakes you must have a minimum Class B exempt drivers license.
Brush units must have a class C.
4. Must have reliable transportation
5. Must live or work within the city of Marble Falls or within our fire response area.
6. **A Criminal background check will be conducted by a agent of the department**
Search will mainly go back 10 years but is not limited to this time line.
7. Must be physically able to perform duties (physical evaluation &/or doctors release may be required)
We follows the SFFMA (State Fireman and Fire Marshals Association) Standards for all trainings.
Upon completing the application you can
Hand application in to a fire grounds
officer. You can also bring it to meetings
from 6:30pm - 9:00pm